Surf-Bar-Traffic


When I started my on-line adventure I was totally confused. Where to start, how to start, what opportunity to choose, figure out effective use of funds and time, how to set my priorities and many questions more. As up till today I still don't have all the answers. I was fortunate to get to know people who set me on the right track. You can read more on the about me page. What I learned from those prohibited me from wasting time and money. Now I want to help others to start with the right foot on front first.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Are business social sites the best spot to promote your craft business?

It depends on what your are promoting and how.

In Example: If you have a online shop with paintings that has an affiliate program I would say definitely yes, if you promote the opportunity of commission revenue on painting sales.

If you are only trying to sell the paintings I would say no. You might get an occasional sale but revenue would be much better if you would offer those on a social site that does not consists for the major part of internet marketers but of  a general public. People who want to decorate a room, buy a special present, want a painting of their pet, etcetera.

This does not only apply for crafts but also for musicians looking to sell their music or any other productor services that is not related to home business, earning money and getting traffic. With the exception for crafts as graphic and web design.

An other example: say you sell products for cooking and baking. How big you think the chance is on a business site like APSense to sell a set of pans of fkitchen gear to bake pies? Sure the are people on business networks that love to cook and bake. However when they visit a business network they are not focused on these interests but on promoting their business.

So what could be an approach for the cook and bake example? Well, I would start or join a group or a community about cooking and baking that has members from the general public of all layers. And I would start writing articles about recipes, tips for cooking and baking, product reviews of new kitchen gadgets, etcetara. Without pushing my store. You see when people read and like your content they will see you as an authority and come to you when they need new kitchen equipment. You could also join another group i.e. about health and post some healthy recipes in that group, thus reaching an entire new crowd!

A place where you can do that is the new Kooiii where the focus lies one sharing interests and having fun. Advertising is limited to restricted areas and through socialtisers (and every member can put their business on their profile). 

In Kooiii groups there is a forum, you can upload videos and pictures. Although direct sales links are not allowed in the social areas you can get sales and leads by profiling yourself as an expert in a certain field: people will visit your profile to see who your are.

This is why I always say that I love both strictly business community and Kooiii. They are both good for my business but in a entirely different way. The match each other beautifully. I love business communities for promoting opportunities and products/services of interest for marketers.

At this moment we already have several nice groups on Kooiii like a group for musicians, a group for gardening, groups for radio and the Kooiii Fanclub.

No comments:

Post a Comment