Surf-Bar-Traffic


When I started my on-line adventure I was totally confused. Where to start, how to start, what opportunity to choose, figure out effective use of funds and time, how to set my priorities and many questions more. As up till today I still don't have all the answers. I was fortunate to get to know people who set me on the right track. You can read more on the about me page. What I learned from those prohibited me from wasting time and money. Now I want to help others to start with the right foot on front first.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Blog promotion strategies and a Brand New one: A traffic exchange for blogs


A blog can be a great marketing tool. Of course people need to see your blog first.


There are many ways to achieve that. Writing quality content and take the time to ad proper tags to your post is the best way for long lasting results. There are several SEO widgets for Wordpress available, however you need some basic knowledge on SEO and keyword research to make it work for your blog. However this time is well invested because it will give long lasting results.



Write relevant comments on other peoples blog is a great way to get backlinks to your blog (or another site). With relevant I mean a comments that ads value; a comment nothing more than "thank you" or "very nice" does not qualify, neither does direct promotion of your own opportunity unless the post specifically ask for resources: by promoting your own stuff on other peoples blog you will result in the opposite, you will be marked as a spammer.


Widgets of all kinds can get you more followers and exposure. I.e the ones from networkedblogs, google and alike. The widgets of IBO (example) and APSense are great too since they show latest articles/pages/blogs. Ad advantage of IBO blogs is that he shows up in several blog promotion services, Twitter and in digital newspapers.


Blogs in traffic exchanges normally do not work so well since people are focused on earning credits, not reading blogs. Therefore I think Blog Clicker, a new exchange for blogs, is a nice additional possibility to get your blog in front of people. I posted this link and some other resources for blog promotion in Kooiii's Blogging Club.


I surf this new blog traffic exchange single, not in tabs. To earn credits to expose my own blog of course but also follow some that interest me and to write some comments on issues I know something about.


Finally I would like to encourage all bloggers to take a skeptic look at your blog to see what can be improved or added. Personally I like wordpress based blogs most because the offer the greatest varity in templates, add ons and widgets inclduing ones for SEO. However Blogger has been improved a lot also in regards to layout.
However when surfing blogs I saw a lot of blogs without useful widgets for sharing and blog promotion. I also saw many with ths standard lay-out which are pretty dull. Headers are the first thing that people see so having a professional ley-out with a header that gives a good impression what the blog is about can be the diffrence for people to leave tour blog or explore it further.
For any blog goes that you need to update it from time to time, the more often, the better. If you have no new subject to write about you can see if you can enhance existing posts by adding new information or to respond on comments. An other idea is to invite guest bloggers.


Currently I have 2 blogs I am most active on, my blog for Newbie Marketers and a the SBT Traffic Blog.

7 comments:

  1. Very Nice !!!!!!!
    Keep update..
    Thanks for sharing.
    Brands Promotion through TV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another way to promote a business nowadays is through social media. This medium allows for more exposure to a wider audience, saving you time and effort. You don't even need to spend much if you're a startup. Using web-based technologies is one of the easiest and fastest ways to make your online business successful, and using social media is just one avenue proving that.

    Matthew Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Matthew. It is where I spend most of my time on. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great way to gain more visitors is to make your webpage fresh-looking and vibrant. Add simple and user-friendly features, since most internet users are young.

    Richard Redmond

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly, fresh and usefull contents are always appreciated by the visitors. And the most amazingly one user may share the things with too many users.
    Wealthy Affiliate Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blog promotion is one of the good tactics of OFF page optimization in Search Engine Optimization process to improve the web traffic.
    Web Design Company London | Web Design London

    ReplyDelete